Hearing aids have come a long way in the last few years. Here are a few of the new features that are available:
- Hearing aids continue to shrink in size and comfort is improving.
- Some hearing aids have built-in blue tooth capabilities. These can connect directly to phones and streaming services.
- Some hearing aids have volume and other controls that can be managed through a phone app. In some cases, these apps give a read-out of the remaining battery life.
- Rechargeable batteries are an option in some models.
- The range of price points is wider than ever before.
- Over-the-counter hearing aids are now available for those with mild to moderate hearing loss.
- Technology for reducing background noises and for adapting to positional changes is improving.
Losing your hearing can be a lonely and devastating challenge, yet many people who need hearing aids either don’t get them or never wear them. Whether it’s been a while since you’ve shopped for hearing aids or you’re just starting out, take a look at the options. It’s important to choose what you can afford. It’s also important to choose hearing aids that you’ll actually want to wear.