Your pharmacist is there to serve you and your healthcare needs. However, pharmacists aren’t always aware of every patient’s issues. If you keep your pharmacist informed about your concerns, you’ll have added a valuable member to your healthcare team.
Here are a few of the services that a pharmacist can provide:
- Coupons are sometimes available to help lower the cost of medications. Your pharmacist know about these, as well as other ways in which to save money on prescriptions.
- Pharmacists are among the easiest healthcare professionals to reach directly by phone. If you have any questions about your medications, don’t be afraid to call and ask questions.
- If you don’t understand the instructions, your pharmacist can explain them to you, including if you need to take the medication with food, or if it needs to be refrigerated.
- If you take other medications, your pharmacist can explain about possible drug interactions.
- If your eyesight is poor, your pharmacist can provide a label with larger type.
- If you have trouble swallowing pills, ask for a liquid or multiple small pills instead of one big one. This may require a change in prescription, but your pharmacist can request this for you.
- If you can’t open the bottle, your pharmacist can give you a different type of bottle.