The life of a caregiver can be very difficult, particularly if they are in a 24/7 caregiving situation. Even if their commitment is only parttime, it can be very hard for them to get some time to themselves. If you’d like to help out, here are a few things you can do to make their life a little easier:
1) Offer to sit for a few hours with their loved one so they can have an evening off.
2) Plan to drop off a meal so they can take a break from cooking.
3) Offer to run errands or shop for them.
4) Offer to help with the yardwork.
5) Offer to do their laundry. Take it away dirty and bring it back clean and folded.
6) Spend a couple of hours helping them clean house.