With the relaxation of physical distancing, summer vacations are back on the agenda for many people. If you’re planning a trip during the Covid-19 phenomena, here are a few tips to make things easier.
- Don’t assume that what is open at home is going to be open at your destination. State and county regulations vary, so call ahead to see what’s open, what’s open with limited capacity, and what is still closed. Be open to changing your destination or delaying your trip if you think your trip might be too stressful.
- Pack your masks or face coverings.
- If you aren’t going to be satisfied with the drive-through, take extra food. As more people hit the road, restaurants seating patrons 6 feet apart are going to be “full” much faster than normal.
- Be flexible. Planning multiple activities, for example, will give you alternatives if something falls through.
- Follow good hand washing techniques and keep your hands away from your face. Take hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes with you (if you can find them). Travel will expose you to more people, both directly and indirectly, via surfaces others have touched. Good hygiene will be even more important on the road than it is at home.
- Keep the number for RMH Healthcare Associates with you (765-932-7591). If you do start feeling sick, call for an RMH Video Visit with one of our primary care providers.