Summer’s here, and vacation season has arrived. If you’re traveling out of the country, here are 7 health tips to keep in mind.
- Get your travel vaccines well ahead of time. For a list of vaccinations needed and health concerns by country, visit Destinations | Travelers’ Health | CDC
- When planning your trip, check on the Covid restrictions in place in all the countries you hope to visit.
- Check on Covid restrictions aboard airlines before purchasing tickets.
- If you’ve had the Covid vaccine, take your documentation with you. You never know when you might need it.
- If you take routine prescriptions, take enough for an extra week, in case your return is delayed.
- To avoid legal issues, be sure that medications are stored in the original prescription bottle.
- Be sure you’re covered by travel insurance, especially if you plan on participating in adventure sports.